Current Skincare Routine!



As requested, here is my current skincare routine! I would just like to say what works for me, may not work for you. Skincare is highly personal and I find you really need to play around with products before you find something that works for you. With this said, I'm very lucky because I have pretty good skin to begin with. A lot of it has to do with genetics. None of my family members have ever had oily or acne prone skin. I use to have slightly dry skin, but with my current skincare routine I would say it's "normal" now. I've achieved a good balance between cleansing and exfoliating my skin so that it doesn't get as dry as it use to (because I would use St. Ives Apricot Scrub EVERY single day and exfoliating your skin every day is really bad for it).

I really like the Nivea 3 Step Skincare routine, you can find it pretty much anywhere that sells skincare products. It worked well for me. Currently, I'm using the Clinique 3 Step because I wanted to treat myself to something "high-end".

When I first reviewed the Clinique 3 Step skincare routine I wasn't that impressed, but after further use I found my skintone has become more even and more balanced. It isn't as dry in the cheeks as it use to be and is considerably more softer. Since I have skin slightly on the dry side, I only wash my face once a day at night before I go to bed. I moisturize my face twice a day though.

Typical Day:
Before I apply makeup I always put on Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. This helps hydrate my skin and allow my makeup to apply more evenly. I find moisturizing kinda acts like a primer. I only use foundation primer on special occasions and nights out when I want to have the most long lasting, flawless application possible. Though it doesn't make that much of a difference IMHO.

On lazy days, I use the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes to cleanse my face. My face feels tingly and clean after using them and it gets rid of EVERYTHING SOOOO easily. If you have trouble getting Revlon Color Stay Foundation off, these do the trick effortlessly!

Most days I use the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap in Mild. You don't need a lot, I don't even use a whole pump of this and it works into a nice lather to cleanse your face and leave it smooth. I then apply Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2 on a cotton pad to tone and remove any residue makeup. This toner gives a refreshing tingle feeling and makes me feel like it's working, but it smells awful. The cosmetic grade alcohol in this stuff smells like you are rubbing pure vodka on your face. It's disgusting, but works. I then use one pump of Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion all over my face and down my neck. I then follow with the sample I got of Clinique's Youth Surge Moisturizer with SPF 15. This would be a good daytime moisturizer since it has SPF15 in it, but I like to use it at night because I find it to be rather greasy and leave my face a bit shiny. The shine goes away after it absorbs, but it does take a little bit to sink in. After all this my skin is so fresh, clean and soft and hasn't been dry since I've started using this! It may sound like a lot of steps but it really doesn't take that long. No matter how tired I am at night, I ALWAYS wash my face. I can't even remember a time where I went to bed with makeup still on. I'm obsessive when it comes to skincare!

If I happen to get a blemish it is usually hormonal. I will dab a bit of Queen Helene's Mint Julep Face Mask on the blemish as a spot treatment and it is usually cleared up within 24 hours! About once a week I like to use this face mask as well to tighten my pores and get rid of black heads. This is my favourite facial mask I've ever tried and it leaves my skin tight, smooth, and radiant after using. It is really affordable which is a major plus.

Finally, I exfoliate a few times a week to slough off dead skin cells. If I had tons of money I would use the MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator 3 times a week, but I don't so I use it once a week or only on special occasions. I'm trying to make my one bottle last because it really does leave my skin so soft and radiant after I use it. Most of the time I use my trusty St. Ives Apricot Scrub which I have been using for years and years. My boyfriend and I both use it and keep a tub in all of our showers for easy access. This does a great job at exfoliating and it's a good price and works wonderfully for me so that's why I keep repurchasing. I also have an exfoliation glove which I use on my trouble areas (my chin and nose) on days when I feel they are getting a bit rough/little bumps. This really helps these areas stay clean and unclogged.

What are your favourite skincare products? Let me know what you use! Has anyone tried the LUSH skincare? I really want to try one of their freshmasks!

Have a good day!