August Favourites!

Hey Guys!
Wow, I don't think I've done a "Favourites" post since March! Over the summer I've discovered many new products, and continued to use some old favourites. Here is my list of products that have really stood out this summer, particularly the month of August. Sorry I've missed a few months!

Soleil Tan De Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid: Perfect liquid highlighter. I barely have to work this into my skin, it just seems to melt in. It has a very subtle shimmer and gives the prettiest glow. The packaging pretty much sucks though because you have to smack it off your hand to get the product started...it's like a glass bottle of ketchup and I hate waiting. LOL

CARGO Blu_Ray Pressed Powder: I can't say enough good things about this powder. Since I've been wearing this I noticed that my skin looks a lot better in person and in pictures. I also really love the strong yellow tone to this powder since I find it hard to find powder that is a good match for my NC30/40 skintone. The only downside is that it's not very good for keeping oil away, so if you have really oily skin, this powder won't really do much for that so you would need to bring this along for touch-ups.  (see full review by clicking here)

MAC Solar Riche Bronzer: This bronzer would be particularly good for fair skinned ladies, but I really love how natural this looks with my NC30/40 skintone. The bronzer is fairly matte, with only a slight bit of shimmer and has a bit of an orange undertone which sounds scary because who wants to be orange, but is really beautiful nonetheless.  (will have a review soon)

Urban Decay Naked Palette: I'm in love with the shades "Naked" and "Buck". I'm a sucker for a good matte brown eyeshadow. These have been excellent crease colours, particularly for blending out my lid colour. (see review of the entire palette with swatches by clicking here)

ELF Dramatic Eyelashes in Black: ELF recently had a sale of 60% off the entire site so I picked up a billion of these lashes because they only were .40 cents a pair after the discount. Lately I have been snipping these in half and getting double the use...basically .20 cents a use, plus I use them about 3 times per half lash. Definitely a great bargain for .40 cents, but $1 is a great price as well if you decide to purchase some full price.

NARS Rue Bonaparte Liner: I really love this pencil as an alternative to using a white eye liner on the waterline. It has the same effect a white pencil does (i.e., brightening the eye area and making it look larger) without it being as harsh. (see full review by clicking here)

ELF Lip Pencil in "Natural": Normally $3, I ended up purchasing this for $1.20. Another great bargain I ended up finding, and loving, from www.eyeslipsface.com. This also comes with a blending brush on the opposite side which is great for feathering out your lip liner if it goes on a bit too harsh.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid: I ended up picking up rather large samples of NC30 and NC40 while I was at my local MAC counter. I swore off Studio Fix a long time ago because it use to break me out, and in fact it still does if I use it more than 2 days in a row, but the finish is so amazing on this foundation that I still consider it "Top 5 Foundation" material. It also wears really well throughout the day. If only this didn't break me out it may contend with my #1 spot. And to think I use to HATE MAC foundations... I plan on doing a full review on this soon. (check out a couple of my looks by clicking one of the following links: NC30 FOTD, NC40 FOTD)

Laura Mercier Silk Cream Foundation: This is another foundation I've been loving that has climbed into my "Top 5 Foundation" list. Typically full coverage foundations don't give the dewy finish that I'm looking for, but this does. This lasts my entire work day and does not fade like some foundations do. I've been using both Bamboo Beige and Cashew Beige (FOTD) and plan on picking up a full tube of foundation once my samples run out. Once I pick a full size product, I will have an in depth review up!