Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest 2011


Hey Guys!
My home town of Kitchener-Waterloo is known for having the second largest Oktoberfest celebrations in THE WORLD so each year I attend at least one event to join in on the festivities. I always have an amazing time Oktoberfesting, and this year is no exception. Oktoberfest runs from Friday, October 7th to Saturday, October 15th, so it's still going on as we speak. I attended opening night and have tickets for the last night (which is always the biggest). This year, my friends and I wore dirndls and Oktoberfest hats. Each year I've attended Oktoberfest, I always buy a pin in commemoration of that year and pin it to the hat. Three out of the Four of us have a German heritage so Oktoberfest is all the more special to us. At the events, thousands of people come out, dance to polka music, drink beer, and eat German food. Since all four of us were dressed up in non-traditional dirndls, we had lots of people come up to us and ask for photos. If you live close to KW and have never been to Oktoberfest, I highly suggest you check it out! They have something for everyone: tons of events, parades and even things for children!


Oktoberfest ist Wunderbar!