Urban Decay Naked Palette 2 Swatches

Hey Guys!
As soon as I heard Urban Decay was releasing a new Naked palette, I knew I had to get my hands on one. I really liked the first Naked palette (click here to see my review) and as soon as I started to see reviews and swatches of the Naked 2, I knew I would like it better because the shades appealed to me more.

This product has been in high demand since it's first launch in December 2011. I was able to snag my own palette from Sephora.com. Currently it is sold out on both Sephora and Urban Decay websites. If you are interested in picking this up at your local Sephora, they should be hitting the shelves by the end of the month.

What it is:
"The most anticipated sequel of the decade, Naked2 features a dozen pigment-rich taupe and gray-beige neutrals, plus five exclusive, new shades." - Sephora.com

What it does:
"The follow up to the original bestselling Naked palette, this stunning second edition proves that neutral is anything but boring. Showcasing a dozen completely different shades than the first bronze-based collection, it includes a stunning range from pale and deep, to matte and sparkly. You'll achieve a host of new neutral looks, smoky dramatic eyes, and everything in between. The palette also includes a travel-size Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked and a double-ended, cruelty-free Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush (available only in this palette). " - Sephora.com

Packaging


I like the Naked 2 packaging much more than the original with the brown velvet. I find the original gets dirty and the tin case of Naked 2 is much more sensible and easy to keep clean. I also like how it locks closed, the original does not, and that it has a much larger mirror inside. In my opinion, Naked 2 wins hands down for packaging and has made many improvements since its predecessor. 

Eyeshadows Included + Swatches


Like the original Naked palette, Naked 2 has 12 0.05oz eyeshadows, 5 of which are new to Urban Decay! Half Baked is the only duplicate from the original Naked palette and I wish they didn't include this in Naked 2. It isn't a case that I don't like and use Half Baked, it is that they already have this in the first palette and I feel it unnecessary to include it again. I would rather them have included one of the highlights from the original palette (i.e., Virgin or Sin) or just included a new eyeshadow altogether. Here are some photos of shadows included in Naked 2 with their description and texture:

Foxy: cream bisque (matte)
Half Baked: golden-bronze (shimmer)
Booty Call: shimmering cork (shimmer)
Chopper: copper shimmer with silver micro glitter (glitter)

Tease: creamy pale brown (matte)
Snake Bite: dark bronze with metallic base (shimmer)
Suspect: pale golden beige (shimmer)
Pistol: light gray-brown (shimmer)

Verve: oyster (shimmer)
YDK: cool bronze with metallic base (shimmer)
Busted: deep brown (shimmer)
Blackout: blackest black (matte)

In order as they appear in the palette

Extras
With Naked 2, you get a lipgloss and a double sided brush. I like the products that come in both the first and second palettes. I think if I had to choose I would actually prefer the original Naked as I already have eye brushes I love and use and I'd prefer the primer over a lipgloss any day as I use UDPP every single day. Even with that said, I love the brush and the lipgloss. The brush is well made and has both an end to pack on eyeshadow and a fluffy blending end to smooth out harsh edges and apply product lightly. The lipgloss is a beautiful neutral colour that plumps! I love a good plumping lipgloss and have been wearing this every day on top of MAC Cream Cup lipstick. 

Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush
0.11 oz Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked (pinky neutral)

Naked 2 vs. Naked

Top: Naked 2, Bottom: Naked


If I had to pick one over the other, I can't say one really stands out more to me in terms of the colour choices. I really like Naked 2 because it has a matte black and that is essential for me as I always set my pencil eyeliner with a matte black eyeshadow. Also, I like Naked 2 because everyday I pretty much wear a matte cream colour eyeshadow like Foxy. However, I really like Naked because it has good matte crease colours for blending out (i.e., Naked and Buck). The palettes are purely preference as to what shades you like and think you'd use more. For myself, I absolutely LOVE neutrals and think owning both is a good investment. If you already have the original, you aren't missing much in Naked 2. It has the same concept, the colours are fairly similar, with a few changes here and there. I don't think you can go wrong owning one over the other, or owning both for that matter! 
Are you planning on getting Naked 2?