MAC Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick + FOTN + OOTN


Hey Guys!
I'm sure you've already seen a billion blog posts and YouTube videos about the newly launched Viva Glam Nicki Minaj lipstick. I ended up ordering my tube online as soon as it went up for sale. I received it just in time for the weekend to wear out for my girls night out. I'm absolutely IN LOVE with this lipstick and plan on buying a couple back ups. Like all Viva Glam lipsticks, all proceeds go towards HIV/AIDS relief so buying multiple backups of these I feel really good about. MAC describes this lipstick as a bright yellow pink with a satin finish. The colour reminds me of a barbie/flamingo pink. FINALLY, a bright pink lipstick that flatters my skintone. I tend to steer clear of blue-based pink lipsticks as they tend to be unflattering and make my teeth look yellow. This may be my new favourite pink lipstick...EVER!

Comparison Swatches

I tried picking out colours in my makeup collection to compare Nicki to. Initially, I thought this reminded me a bit of MAC Chatterbox, but I find Nicki to be much brighter on my lips. I misplaced Chatterbox, but will retake swatches of Nicki compared to it as I heard other people commenting on how the two were fairly similar. Nicki also reminded me a little of my favourite NYX lipstick, Fig. They end up being pretty similar on my lips. However, I prefer Nicki over either Chatterbox or NYX Fig. Buying Nicki supports a great cause, but if money is an issue, NYX Fig is a great alternative and won't hurt the wallet. When this becomes discontinued in a year, MAC Chatterbox is also a good alternative, though not perfect, if you are looking for something to replace it. 

Face of the Night

FACE:
Garnier BB Cream in Medium-Dark
Laura Mercier Radiance Primer
NARS Sheer Glow in "Stromboli"
MAC Studio Finish Concealer NW25
CARGO Blu_Ray Pressed Powder #30
NARS Laguna Bronzer
Tarina Tarantino Blush in "Feather"
Benefit Highbeam
MAC Iridescent Loose Powder in "Silver Dusk"

BROWS:
Make Up For Ever Waterproof Brow Corrector #3

EYES:
MAC Paint Pot in "Painterly"
Urban Decay DarkHorse e/s
Urban Decay Naked e/s
NARS Mekong e/s
Urban Decay Foxy e/s
L'Oreal Lineur Intense Liquid Liner in Carbon Black
Dior Show Maximizer
Dior Show Mascara
Ardell Self Adhesive Lashes

LIPS:
MAC Viva Glam Nicki


Outfit of the Night


What I wore:
Pink Heels - Sirens / Black Tights - Winners / Pink Dress - Sirens / Silver Hoop Earrings - Forever21 / Pearl Bracelets - Aldo Accessories?

Yes, I'm using my friend as a seat. We look like Valentines Day lol

Promo Image from Viva Glam Campaign - Nicki Minaj & Ricky Martin

I was thinking about doing an "inspired" makeup look for Nicki Minaj's makeup in the Viva Glam campaign poster, but I've already seen a million people do it. If you are still interested, please let me know! I may just do my own version anyways because I don't typically wear such vibrant colours and I think it would be neat to see what it looks like on.

Do you plan on purchasing MAC Viva Glam Nicki?