MAC Ring of Saturn Mineralize Blush Review + Swatches

Hey Guys!
On July 5th, MAC release a new collection called Heavenly Creature. A ton of mineralized products came out with this collection, blushes included. I have previously reviewed Light Year Mineralize Skinfinish and Pleasureseeker lipstick. This review will focus solely on MAC Mineralize Blush in Ring of Saturn.

"Baked minerals refined into a powder formula to provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application. Colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage. Veils and enhances the cheekbones with a luminous, pearlized shimmer."

Ring of Saturn is described on the MAC website as a terracotta and gold melange. Ring of Saturn is a limited edition mineralize blush and is currently SOLD OUT online on the US website, but is still available on the Canadian website. For my fellow Canadians who are interested, I would suggest snagging this up soon as I'm sure it will sell out eventually as well. I would also suggest checking your local MAC counter for availability as there is more of a chance the product you want is still available as the collection was just launched on July 5th.

I use to own several MAC Mineralize Blushes, but eventually sold them all in a blog sale. The ones I did previously own were really shimmery, boarding on glittery (which I personally don't care to put glitter on my cheeks). I was really attracted to this blush when I went to the store because it gave more of a sheen to the skin AND the colour was right up my alley and something different to add to my makeup collection. I don't own anything quite like this. When checking out swatches on Temptalia, I was initially attracted to Supernova blush, and passing on all the other blushes, including Ring of Saturn. When I went to my local MAC counter to swatch the blushes, I only ended up with Ring of Saturn because I thought I would get more use out of the colour than I would Supernova. Supernova was really pretty, but I already have a hundred million hot pink blushes.

I mentioned this in my MAC Heavenly Creature video, but I will mention it again: all MAC mineralize products are different and there will be some variation from product to product. Generally, the colour will stay pretty much the same, but my Ring of Saturn has LESS terracotta in it than Temptalia's, which is why I liked this a whole lot more at the store because it wasn't so red. Also, the design pattern will change. If you have the chance to go to your local counter as opposed to ordering online, you can ask the MUA to see the products they have and pick the one you like best based on appearance/design/colour. 


As for product application, mineralize blushes go on effortlessly and are extremely easy to blend. I can skip wearing a highlight when I use this blush because of the gold shimmer throughout which already makes my face glow. I love the sheen that it gives to the skin. As for wear time, this product last me a full 10 hour work day with minimal fading. The colour isn't as vibrant by the end of the day, but it still visible on the cheeks. 

Retail Value: $28.00 CAD 3.2 g / 0.10 oz

Did you pick up any of the Mineralize Blushes from the MAC Heavenly Creature Collection?