MAC Viva Glam Nicki Lipglass Review + Swatches



Hey Guys!

MAC Viva Glam Nicki lipstick (click link to see review) has been around for several months now and it seems like I've been waiting, what seems like forever, for the lipglass counterpart to become available. After patiently waiting, MAC Viva Glam Nicki lipglass is finally here!


"Pay homage to Her Minajesty with a new limited-edition Lipglass in hot pink. Wear it alone or pair it with VIVA GLAM Lipstick for a perfectly glossed look." - MAC


Viva Glam Nicki lipglass is a limited edition shade which is described on maccosmetics.com as "hot pink". This is a beautiful warm toned lipstick with yellow undertones, perfect for us NC ladies. Like the lipstick, the lipglass is vibrant, yet surprisingly more wearable. The formula is very creamy and has MAC's signature vanilla scent. 



Initially, I picked up MAC Force of Love lipglass (click the link to see review) which came out with Chenman Love & Water Collection because I thought it was very similar to VG Nicki lipstick. Force of Love has a shimmer to it, but is a slightly darker version of Nicki lipstick, whereas Nicki lipglass I found to be slightly lighter. If Viva Glam Nicki lipstick was just a little too vibrant for you, but you still loved the colour, you may want to consider giving the lipglass counterpart a try because it is even more wearable. Like most lip glasses, this lasted about 4-5 hours on my lips. The colour is mostly opaque and settled slightly into the lines on my upper lip. My upper lip is slightly more wrinkled? Does anyone else have this issue? LOL. 

The packaging itself is standard, except for Nicki Minaj's signature being scribbled across the tube. The box also has her signature in red on the packaging. I always keep special edition packaging that I like (i.e., Viva Glam Nicki, Gaga, Cyndi, Wonder Woman, Venomous Villains...etc.). I know I will never have any use for them, but it's the makeup hoarder inside of me that needs to set these aside for the future. I don't know what the future could be involving these empty boxes, but maybe I will build a tower one day... LOL If that happens, I'll be sure to take a picture.

Retail Value: $18 CAD for 4.8 g / 0.17 US oz

Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick vs. Lipglass


Viva Glam Nicki Lipglass



Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick + Lipglass

I love buying Viva Glam products because EVERY cent from the sale goes toward helping women, men and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.