Eyelash Conditioning Experiment w/ Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline)

For about a month now I've been putting Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline) on my eyelashes before going to bed in hopes that it would help condition them, thus preventing eyelash loss and promoting eyelash growth. Numerous blogs I've been reading have said they do this to get their lashes to look as good as they do and I wanted to test this out for myself. After a couple weeks I thought I noticed a difference in how my lashes were looking. However, looking at before and after pictures there really isn't that much of a noticeable difference that would convince me to continue this nightly ritual.
Please disregard the residue makeup in the above pic

All-in-all I do believe my eyelashes are microscopically longer, but not fuller or thicker...yet. I think I see some baby lashes starting to grow so I might just have to continue this for a bit longer (though I don't have high hopes that this will make enough of a difference to matter to me). Additionally, I have not seen as many lashes falling out as I did prior to Vaseline use. I'm implore you all to give this a try and see if it works for you. I think its a good idea, but not something I'd recommend if you want dramatic results.