Top 10 Makeup Products of 2009!

I've seen a couple of my fellow bloggers do a post like this and I thought it was a great idea! This year I started getting into makeup and building my makeup collection. From basically starting at having only a few products to the amount I have now I don't want to know how much I spent this year (a few thousand dollars easily...oh my). With this said, I found a lot of HG products that I couldn't live without. Here are my top 10 finds of 2009! What are your top 10 products you discovered this year?



In no particular order... my top 10 include:

1. MAC Solar White Eyeshadow (LE): Absolutely THE BEST eyeshadow EVER. Such a beautiful, unique colour. It is golden/white gorgeousness. The perfect highlight. Nothing I have come across compares to this eyeshadow. Too bad it's limited edition. I would pay top dollar for this though...that's how much I love it. If I could recommend buying one thing it would be this eyeshadow. My best friend tried this once and she's been coveting it ever since.

2. MAC Hue Lipstick: My HG lipstick for daytime wear. I wear it practically everyday to work since I bought it and it is the perfect nude/pink lip.

3. LUSH Big Shampoo: My most recent HG. It leaves my hair extremely shiny and smooth.(Review to come)

4. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion: Keeps my face balanced and I haven't had dry skin since. I can finally say my skin is "normal".

5. MAC Partial to Pink Cremesheen (LE): Cremesheen gloss is the best formula I've tried. It isn't sticky at all, it is extremely moisturizing and gives such a beautiful sheen to your lips. This was repromoted in Holiday collection and will be repromoted again March 4 for the "Too Fabulous" Collection.

6. Revlon Color Stay: Excellent staying powder. My face looks just as good after a day of work as it did when I first applied it. I do not have to do touch ups on my face. I only need to use such a little amount and it gives a flawless, dewy finish.

7. St. Moriz Tanning Mousse: I have to be honest. I'm a HUGE beach girl and love to spend days at the beach out in the sun. Yes, I do wear sunscreen, but even with sunscreen the suns rays are still harmful. Last winter I was hitting the tanning beds to keep up a "healthy glow", but I no longer use them, I use self-tanner. I find self-tanner actually gives me a better colour because naturally I tan reddish-brown (which I hate) and this gives my skin more of a golden brown.

8. Benefit High Beam: Glow in a bottle. I just brush it on my cheekbones and down my nose and I love the way my skin looks. Sometimes I'll use this as a brow highlight as well. I love liquid highlighters. I've tried many and this is still my favourite. I'm a sucker for a good highlighter... one of my weaknesses.

9. MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator (LE): Leaves my skin soft, clean, and radiant. This is one of my "treats" I give myself. I don't use this all the time because it's LE. I hate LE skincare. I hear MAC has the rights to the volcanic ash from the volcano where this stuff comes from...I'm crossing my fingers this will become permanent.

10. L'Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Eye Pencil: Best eye pencil EVER! Stila Kajal was once my HG, but this has taken its place. It does not budge on my waterline and I have VERY watery eyes from my contacts.

P.S. - I've been blogging since August and I just noticed the "Compose" button to edit text... And all this time I was trying to look up HTML codes for font sizes, colours, styles...etc. and failing miserably at editing my posts. That's embarrassing...

ALSO, I haven't been blogging much lately because I GOT AN INTERVIEW FOR THE JOB I'VE BEEN WAITING OVER A YEAR FOR! I've been so busy with the interview process and Christmas events that I've had no time to blog. The interview process is broken down into 3 parts (it's pretty intense) where you have to succeed in each section before you move on. I'm just waiting on a call for part 3...basically if I get the call I'm hired. I'll keep you posted. I'm really counting on this because I feel like a bum at the place I'm currently working. Is it bad that the part I'm most excited for is telling my current employer I quit? LOL