Ask Me ANYTHING!

Hey guys!
I decided to make an "Ask Me Anything" post so that you can ask me questions! It doesn't have to be beauty related. You can ask me personal questions as well. I got this idea from a few of my fellow bloggers and thought that this would be a great idea. I love answering your questions so fire away. I'm pretty open so I can't wait to hear what kinds of questions you come up with! Just post your question in the comment box below and I will keep updating this post in response to each of your questions!

What are your favorite blushes brandwise and holy grail ? What are your preferred brushes for blush?
I really like MAC blushes as a brand. Their Beauty Powder Blushes are amazing. I also really like NARS. My absolute favourite blush is MAC Eversun. I also love MAC MSF So Ceylon, MAC Dollymix, MAC Pink Swoon, MAC Peaches, and MAC Harmony (as a contour). From NARS I love Orgasm. I really want to try them all, but a couple I've had my eye on are Luster and Lovejoy. For blush I always use my MAC 116. I put blush on the apples of my cheeks and sweep it back towards my hairline and this brush is really good for precision and placement. If I'm using a really vibrant blush, like Dollymix, I will use my MAC 187 to lightly dust it on my cheeks. I find this brush is better to control the amount you want, as opposed to the MAC 116 controls where you place it.

You are very very pretty :) Are there any days that you don't like yourself when you look in the mirror?
First off, thank you :). Secondly, of course I have some days where I wish some things about me were different. If it's that time of the month and I'm blotted...EVERYTHING looks bad on me haha. When I was younger I think I was harder on myself and now that I'm a bit older I'm more confident. As soon as I turned 19, was out of highschool and into University I started feeling very comfortable in my own skin. I think everyone goes through an awkward stage and it just takes people different periods of time to feel comfortable in their own skin. Before I always cared what other people thought of me, but now I don't give a crap.

I love the lip colors you use. What are some of your favorites and how pigmented are your lips naturally?
This is a hard one. LOL. I love pretty much all colours of lipstick. Off the top of my head some of my favourite lipsticks include MAC Hue, Shy Girl, Angel, Lovelorn, Snob, Myth, NYX Fig, Snow White, Circe. As far as lipgloss I like MAC Partial to Pink, Wildy Lush, L'Oreal Color Juice in Grape Soda, Revlon Life's a Peach, Victoria's Secret Plumping Lipgloss in Baby Pink. As far as pigmentation of my lips, they are pigmented enough to alter shades of lipsticks. I find a lot of lipsticks look quite different on my lips compared to other people using the same product. I'll try and post a picture of my natural lip colour soon.

I love your blog! I find it very informative and interesting... what made you start one? Do your friends or boyfriend know you blog?
When I started in late summer of 09' I was obsessed with beauty products, watching youtube videos, going on makeup forums...etc. I was googling some beauty related things and Natty's blog came up and I started following. I ended up following several other beauty bloggers and after a couple weeks of following I decided that I wanted to start my own blog! My friend's would always ask me to do their makeup and it was something I was gradually getting better at so I figured I'd share my journey with makeup with anyone who wanted to read about it. I never thought I would get 10 readers, let alone 500+! I really enjoy the beauty community and find everyone on here really supportive and helpful. We all share the same addiction. It's great to have people to talk to and ask questions. My friends know I have a blog and a couple of them are following. My one friend is about to start her own once she has some spare time. My boyfriend also knows and kinda teases me when I'm taking pictures of myself for FOTDs. It's a bit awkward having your own photo shoot, but I like looking back and seeing all the things I've done.

What do you like to do for fun?
When I'm not working I like to play with my puppy Bella, go shopping, go to the movies, rent movies, blog (of course), read, and hang out with family and friends. When the weather gets nice I go swimming almost every day. I'm a fish.

How do you achieve such gorgeous looks with both warm and cool coloring?

Cheryl, I want to know your love story, please tell us. I love love stories!!!
I had a summer job at the company I'm currently working for and I worked with Charles. I worked with him for 2 summers and at the end of the second summer we started dating. I remember hearing from co-workers that he liked me and I had a huge crush on him, but didn't think it was possible for someone like him to like someone like me. He is THE nicest person I've ever met. Anyways, he was on holidays the one week and it was Monday and I saw him in the waiting room. I asked him what he was doing there and he had to drop off paperwork at the front desk. I was walking to my area and he came running up behind me and asked me for my number. I secretly think he came in for me and not for "the paperwork". We have an 8 year age difference between us, but I've always been attracted to guys who are older than me. Never 8 years older though, but Charles does not look or seem his age. I knew from the moment we started dating that he was "the one" as corny as that sounds. I've never felt this way about anyone and I know that everything happened the way they did for a reason.

How did you like lights in concert? Also, what other kind of music do you listen to?
I loved Lights in concert. She was amazing. Great performer. I love live music more than recorded and she can definitely sing. I'm very eclectic when it comes to music. I basically listen to everything. The only genre I don't care for too much is country. I like some country, but not the really "twangy" stuff. I like Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop, Rap, Alternative, Classical...anything with a good beat, instrumentation or lyrics. If you looked at my iPod you would see everything!

What type of work do you do?
Right now I'm currently in manufacturing. I'm what you call an "Industrial Athlete" haha. I work for a major car company building cars. Probably the only car company that is prospering while the "Big 3" are going under. If you know about the manufacturing industry or have been listening to the news you can probably guess where I work. It's not a glamorous job, but they pay top dollar so I'm only in it for the money until something in my field (Psychology) comes up where I can make close to what I'm making currently.

How do you care for your hair - do you take any supplements?
At the moment I'm not taking any vitamins or supplements. I really should be taking my one-a-day woman's vitamin but I've been neglecting it. As for my hair, I usually get a trim every few months, but it's probably been closer to 6 months since I've had a cut and colour. I switch up my shampoo and condition because I find my hair reacts best when I switch products and don't use the same thing every single day. I'm currently using LUSH Big, LUSH American Cream, Herbal Essenses Color Me Happy, BIG SEXY HAIR Shampoo and Conditioner. I ALWAYS use a heat protectant (TreSemme) when I blow dry my hair. I usually use a large tooth comb after the shower to detangle any knots, but sometimes I want to get the job done faster and I use a brush. I rarely use hair products. I only use hair spray when I curl my hair. In terms of hair...I'm pretty boring. I use to have tons of blonde highlights, but my hair started to break at the ends and it was too high maintenance for me. I tend to take my showers at night and sleep on wet hair so I can minimize the use of a blow dryer and just run a flat iron quickly through my hair in the morning.

When was the last time you really cried, and why?
It was this past weekend. My 3 best friends and I all got into a fight. It was really stupid and we've never EVER had a fight...only very minor disagreements. The good thing about it was that we talked about it the next day and worked everything out. I'm not the type of person who can stay mad for long. I have to work things out as soon as possible. Having an argument with my friends, boyfriend or family member is the what hurts the most.

Do you make youtube vids? And if not would you ever consider it
Unfortunately, I don't make YouTube videos. I would definitely consider it if I had a little more time on my hands. As of this moment blogging is hard to do with the hours I've been working, but maybe in the future when things settle down I will have some time to put up some videos!

When did you get started in makeup?
I REALLY started to get into makeup January 09'. I basically bought my entire makeup collection, I have as of this moment, in one year. It was a bit ridiculous. My beauty product spending has been cut back substantially. I pretty much have everything I set out to get, with the exception of a few items, and would like to use up some things first before I buy others. Before 09' I was content with just some eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss and tinted moisturizer. My beauty routine is a lot more time consuming now... haha, but I love it. Once people started commenting on how my makeup looked it made me want to get better and buy more things. It's definitely a little addiction of mine.

What is your favourite place to shop?
As of this moment I'm in love with FOREVER21. I love how cheap and fashionable the clothes are. The closest mall to me is 35 minutes away so I don't shop as much as I use to. Now that I've discovered online shopping it has made it easier for me to pick up the things I need since I can't get out to the malls in person as often as I'd like.

Do you and your boyfriend want kids? If so, at what age and how many?
I definitely see us having kids in the next few years. I would like to have my first at around 26. Having twins is in my family and my grandmother was a twin (apparently it skips a generation so now it's my turn!). My ideal scenario would be having a boy first and then having twin girls. I want to have them as close in age as possible! Three kids is a lot, but I'd love to have a big family!