REVIEW: Revlon Photo Ready Foundation!


I'm so excited to review this foundation! I bought it about a week ago and have been using it ever since. Two of my HG foundations are Revlon Color Stay and Make Up For Ever HD so I figured this would be right up my alley. And it is. Definitely a new HG! This is probably my number one foundation at the moment. Crazy I know. I didn't have any expectations buying this and I was kind of afraid to because I kept reading horrible reviews about it, but I gave it a shot anyways. They didn't have any testers available at my local Walmart (which is very weird) so I had no idea what shade to get. In CS I am "Medium Beige" and the foundation I picked up in PR is "Medium Beige" (but is a lot darker). It fits my skin tone a lot better, especially when I'm more tan (which I have been lately). Though I was able to find my shade, they don't have a wide range of colours so this will be a problem for some people who want to try this out, but can't find their shade. Also, this foundation DOES have shimmers in it. However, it doesn't make you look like Edward Cullen when he steps out into the light. You can barely notice it unless you are two inches away from your face. I actually like to use MAC strobe liquid and put it in my foundations to give a similar effect so this was great for me. It gives a semi-matte dewy glow (my perfect finish). It also covers up imperfections and evens out my skin tone flawlessly. I've only worn it for about 8 hours at a time and it still looked just as good as when I put it on without having to touch it up throughout the day.


MUFE HD #125 vs. PR Medium Beige vs. CS Medium Beige

[clickable]

PR vs. CS. Vs. MUFE HD
ABOVE PHOTO: Photo Ready is really liquidy in comparison to the other two foundations. Those dark spots were bubbles so it made weird shadows... If you click the image you can see CS has visible shimmer in it and PR doesn't appear to. However, my hand is full of shimmer because I rubbed PR on my hand to test it before putting it on my face. My face did not look anything like my hand. My had looks like a disco ball (because my camera was super close up and the light reflected all the particles).

PR claims to give you "Perfected airbrushed skin in any light, with complete coverage". You can be the judge. I think my skin hasn't looked better. I like it more than CS and MUFE HD!


NATURAL LIGHT


WITH FLASH


WITH MY MAN

I find even with a flash I don't get washed out like I would with other foundations. This doesn't make sense to me because PR has a SPF of 20 and normally SPF in a foundation tends to wash you out in flash photography.

Also, if you have used CS you know it has a funky smell to it. Yuck. I'm use to it now, but when I first tried it I was like "I'm not putting this on my face if it smells like that" haha. PR is FRAGRANCE FREE! Yayy! It also doesn't make me look "pink" like CS did. Most importantly...IT COMES WITH A PUMP! The pump is REALLY easy to control how much product you want to get out. You can get a tiny speck or use a whole pump. I use one pump to cover my whole face and it's plenty!

All-in-all I've never been so fully satisfied with a foundation before. I think I will have to pick up a shade lighter for my not so tan days. Definitely check it out if you are interested! If shimmers aren't your thing I wouldn't recommend it. If you don't like it, you can always return it!