REVIEW: NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in "Stromboli"


"The Immaculate Complexion: NARS reinvents foundation with modern formulations designed to enhance your natural complexion without masking it. This sheer weightless formula glides on effortlessly, blurring imperfections and evening skin tone for the ultimate sophisticated finish that allows your skin’s natural beauty to shine through. NARS’ exclusive complexion brightening formula evens and illuminates kin for an immaculate glow. Can be layered to achieve your desired coverage and finish.

Sheer Glow’s silky fluid delivers immediate hydration, evens skin tone and leaves the skin brighter and more radiant. Used daily, your skin’s texture improves over time, becoming softer, smoother and more luminous. Sheer Glow Foundation provides weightless and buildable coverage, with a natural radiant finish. For normal to dry skin types. Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic. Fragrance free."


Directions for use: Start by warming the foundation in the hands. Then, working with the fingers, apply a small amount of foundation in the center of the face and begin pressing the foundation on to the skin.

I've been using this for well over a month now so I feel I can give this foundation a proper review. I tried using this with different brushes and with my fingers, and I found the foundation melts into my skin better with my fingers than with a brush. The consistency is fairly liquidy which makes it easy to blend. I don't have to work hard with the product at all to get it blended in well. As I said previously, it melts right into my skin. This is the sheerest foundation I own, with one layer, but it definitely can be built up to a medium/medium-full coverage. Even though it doesn't give a completely full coverage, my natural skin shines through and has never looked better. I like how my complexion is evened out, yet my freckles still show through looking very natural. In addition to tone, I find my face looks very even in texture (i.e., my pores appear less visible). During and after use, my skin looks and feels incredibly smooth. My face looks dewy/glowy, not greasy or matte. It's the perfect satin finish.

The major downside is that it is very pricey. I would love to use this as my daily foundation, but I just can't justify constantly paying close to $60 CAD with tax per bottle. It would also be nice to have a pump with this foundation, but in all honesty, it doesn't bother me whether a foundation has a pump or not as long as I'm careful when I pour.

Is this a new HG foundation?! Definitely! I would like to get a lighter shade, such as Punjab, and see how my skin looks when I'm less tan. I find my skin looks better when I'm tan than when I'm not tan, so I don't want to attribute any positive changes in my skin to this foundation if it could just merely be all in the self-tanner.

If you like Make Up For Ever HD (like I do), you would definitely love this foundation. I use to think MUFE HD looked invisible on my skin, but NARS Sheer Glow is even better! I have an FOTD using this foundation... you can see how the product looks on my skin by clicking here.