FOTD: Maybelline Fit Me Foundation, Powder and Concealer [[PIC HEAVY]]

Hey Guys!

I'm so excited to share with you this FOTD. I was looking through flyers and saw in Walmart that Maybelline's "Fit Me" Makeup launched in stores this past Friday. As soon as I saw that it was out in Canada I quickly drove to Walmart and picked up a foundation, powder and concealer. I've been wanting to try this since I first heard about it on Natty's blog. It retails for just under $8 a product here in Canada which is REALLY affordable. I had one of the blushes in my hand but decided against it since I have very similar shades already. One of them actually looked kinda like NARS Madly (which is my fave blush of the month). I should have swatched it to see if they were actually close now that I think about it...but Natty thought it looked similar as well so it must be! :)

Since I've only used this product over the weekend I can't give a full review. My first impressions of the products are pretty good. I'm in love with the foundation and powder combo. The foundation and powder are said to:

* match natural tone


* blend seemlessly


* let skin breathe


I agree with all three points for both the powder and the foundation! It's pretty early to tell, but I have to say this could quite possibly be my HG drugstore foundation...that's how much I love it. My skin is usually pretty dry and most foundations accentuate this despite how much I moisturize, but this foundation/powder doesn't. It gives me a perfect dewy complexion, which I love. With this said, I don't know how oily skin would fair using this product, as even with dry skin (which I normally don't even need to powder) I MUST powder using this foundation or I'll look like a shiny grease ball.



At the moment I'm quite tan, about an NC35, but I did use this when I was more of an NC30 and it still matched quite nicely.


I've talked about the foundation and the powder, but I have yet to talk about the concealer. My personal preference, I need more coverage. I put this on, took a couple pictures and saw bags under my eyes, yuck. I had to put on my MAC Studio Finish Concealer to correct the problem. It is quite moisturizing, but at the moment I need more coverage. I don't even have that bad of bags/under eye circles in the first place so I'm not sure why this didn't work for me. I'll have to try it out again. At the moment I would not repurchase the concealer.
My skin would look more even/pores would appear less large if I were to have primed my face primer to application of the foundation...however, I wanted to provide you with realistic images as to how the foundation and powder sit on my skin. As always these photos are taken in natural light, no photoshop. Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you have tried anything from the Maybelline Fit Me line and how you liked it!




FACE:
Estee Lauder Time Zone Line and Wrinkle Reducing Creme SPF15
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation SPF18 #220
Maybelline Fit Me Powder #220
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer #20 + MAC Studio Finish Concealer NW25
Ben Nye Neutral Set Translucent Powder (set under eye area)
MAC Harmony Blush
MAC Pearl Cream Colour Base
NARS Albatross
BROWS:
Make Up For Ever Waterproof Brow Corrector #3
EYES:
MAC Bare Canvas Paint
MAC Ivorie e/s (highlight brow bone)
MAC Solar White e/s (highlight tear duct)
MAC Texture e/s (lid)
MAC Soft Brown e/s (crease)
NARS Mekong e/s (outer corner/crease)
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
MAC Carbon e/s (to set fluidline)
Benefit Bad Gal Mascara
♥Ardell #111 false lashes♥
Stila Eye Kajal in Onyx (upper and lower waterline)


LIPS:
MAC Stripdown l/l

MAC Creme D' Nude l/s