REVIEW: Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars in Hush, Memento, Cha Cha and Grandma

From Left to Right: Hush, Memento, Cha Cha, Grandma

Hey Guys!
I've always wanted to try Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, particularly their lip tars. I looked at swatches online and decided to try out Hush, Memento, Cha Cha and Grandma as they look the most wearable of all the colours.

Hush - The perfect bridal pink, soft and natural
Memento - soft pink/plum neutral
Cha Cha - creamy, pale tangerine
Grandma - clean and classic true coral

About OCC Lip Tars

"$13.00 USD | 8mL - A stunning new innovation in lip color, OCC Lip Tar combines the longevity of a lipstick, with the ease of application of a gloss. Goes on slick and moist, and dries down to a satin finish. Ultra-saturated in color, Lip Tar contains an unprecedented amount of pigment - a little goes a very, very long way! An intense yet featherweight layer of color that stands up to the scrutiny of Hi-Def Video and Digital Photography, without ever looking (or feeling!) heavy. Meant to be mixed, Lip Tar comes in concise array of colors for a limitless selection of shades made by you!

Like all of our products, OCC Lip Tar is 100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free, and is also free of parabens and other harsh preservatives. A simple, elegant formula that contains Hemp Oil, Peppermint Oil and Vitamin E, OCC Lip Tar feels as good on the lips as it looks!

DIRECTIONS: Apply the tiniest bead of Lip Tar with our #009 Angle Brush for complete, opaque coverage, either mixed with other shades or straight out of the tube. Applying too much product can result in feathering/bleeding so remember: a little goes a very, very long way!"

I ended up buying these off of Camera Ready Cosmetics as I was eligable for the Pro discount since I have my own blog! I ended up saving about $1 US per lip tar. The shipping took quite a while to Canada and one of the samples of foundation (i.e., Face Atelier) I received leaked everywhere so I won't be able to review that for you guys anytime soon. I also picked up samples of Cinema Secrets Foundation, Keromask Concealer and Scott Barnes Body Bling. I'm wearing Cinema Secrets today and it photographs quite well and I used Keromask as my concealer and man does that stuff cover EVERYTHING! It is said to even cover tattoos so I decided I'd cover the tattoo I have on my hip and it actually masked it. I'm very impressed and will have a full review soon.

The colour you see in the tube is the colour you are going to get on yours lips. These are VERY pigmented and you only need a tiny amount to get full coverage. These last a while and remind me of a stain since they dry and stick on the lips after a period of time. With this being said, you only need a thin layer for opaque coverage, HOWEVER, a thin layer dries quite fast on the lips so it's handy to keep a clear lip gloss around when wearing these lip colours.

SWATCHES


I love Memento, Grandma, and Hush on their own, but can't really see myself wearing Cha Cha without it being mixed with another lip tar or a lip gloss. My favourite combos are Grandma + Hush, Memento + Hush, and Grandma + Cha Cha!

What are some of your favourite OCC Lip Tars? I'm thinking of trying Interlace, Tone, Anime, Trick, and Petty Beige next!