Katikies the Hotel in Oia, Santorini, Greece




Hey Guys!
I decided to break my honeymoon up into three parts. First, I wanted to share with you the magnificent hotel I stayed at followed by scenery pictures and personal honeymoon photos. I have too many pictures to include in one post so this way I will be able to share EVERYTHING with you without it being so overwhelming in one post.
I did a fair amount of research prior to deciding on the Katikies Hotel. Katikies is a 5-star luxury hotel situated in Oia, Santorini. We ended up booking a Senior Suite, but ended up with a Superior Suite which was a nice surprise. The rooms are built into the side of the caldera and are situated 300 feet above the waters of the Aegean Sea. Our room had the most amazing amenities and view. It was built loft style with the bed on the top floor, living area/dinning and bathroom with shower and jacuzzi on the main floor, and a dressing area on the bottom floor. The photos speak for themselves, but the hotel is absolutely stunning, beautifully designed and well maintained (workers were actually repainting the stairs to make sure they were as white and clean as possible while we were there!) The service was unbelievable (maid service twice a day, room service, bell boy, private transfer to and from the airport...the list goes on and on). There was always someone there to help you with any of your needs and if there wasn't someone near by, you could reach them by a cell phone which was provided to you upon check-in. 

Superior Suite Room #32







































Breakfast is included and served daily to your room or private terrace. We ate breakfast every morning on our terrace overlooking the sea. 

 
















They had three pools: the main infinity pool, cave pool, and a small infinity pool located right outside our room.


 

Katikies has a four table dining restaurant featuring local Mediterranean cuisine which I recommend making reservations for. The restaurant is open air and overlooks the caldera and Aegean sea.  There was only Charles and I and one other couple when we scheduled our dinner for the Friday. The sun set behind Oia and cast a beautiful light overlooking the sea. The Katikies Dining Experience had THE BEST food that we tried on the island, and also some of THE BEST food I`ve ever tasted in my life. Cudos to the chief. The meal consisted of three courses. We started out by selecting a bottle of some local sparkling wine which was absolutely delicious. I chose the King Size Prawn as an appetizer, Sea Bream as my main course and the Chocolate Pave as my dessert. Charles had a mushroom risotto,  lamb cooked three ways, and raspberry coulis for dessert. Everything was delicious.







 82 Stairs from our room to the main street!

The hotel is very pricey, but well worth every penny in my opinion. We already plan on coming back here for our 10 year wedding anniversary!
 
Disclaimer: All photos were taken by me. Please ask for permission to use.