Physicians Formula pH Matchmaker Blush and Bronzer


Hey Guys!
As you know, I'm a HUGE fan of Phyicians Formula products and the pH Matchmaker series has to be my favourite launch from the company, EVER! If you have purchased Phyicians Formula products from your local drugstore before, you know that this company is a bit more pricey than your average drugstore brand. Personally, I don't mind paying a bit extra for Physicians Formula products as I find the quality of their products to be right up there with high-end companies. Once I heard about this new launch, I instantly started searching my local drugstores and Walmart to get my hands on some of the products. Initially I thought there was only one bronzer, blush, and lipgloss, but soon found out that there were two of each product. I ended up picking up one bronzer and one blush and ended up passing on the lip glosses as I already have too many similar shades. The bronzer came in two shades: light bronzer, and bronzer. I ended up picking up "Bronzer". The blush came in two shades as well: natural, and rose. I ended up picking up "Rose" as my local Walmart was sold out of "Natural" at the time. I was a little disappointed as I really LOVE "Natural" by Physicians Formula in their Happy Booster Blush and don't care as much for their "Rose" shade in comparison. I was also concerned that since I already owned the Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush in both "Natural" and "Rose" that the shades would be nearly identical since they have the same name. I was happy to see that the shade "Rose" in matchmaker was slightly different than "Rose" in the Happy Booster.


About the Product

"Introducing the first ever pH powered makeup that adapts to the pH of your skin and your lighting environment to create the perfect shade for you in less than 60 seconds."

Makeup Powered by You!
pH Power Complex transforms into your perfectly personalized hue:
  • Flourescein Based Dye - senses the pH level of your skin and adjusts within 60 seconds to create your perfect shade. 
  • Photochromic Powders - light adjusting pigments adapt to your environment so color looks the same indoors and outside.


Look You Best in Every Light!
LED-powered packaging lights up for touch-ups anywhere and everywhere!

Hypoallergenic. Fragrance free. Paraben free. Non-Comedogenic. Dermatologist approved. 

Bronzer Ingredients: Talc, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Zinc Stearate, Dimethiconol, Sorbic Acid. + / -: Iron Oxides, Mica, Orange 5, Titanium Dioxide. 
Directions: May be worn alone or over makeup. Brush evenly over face and neck for a natural-looking tan glow. For best results on dry to very dry skin, apply moisturizer prior to using bronzer. 
Blush Ingredients: Talc, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Zeolite, Dimethiconol, Sorbic Acid. + / -: Iron Oxides, Mica, Red 27, Red 28 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.
Directions: Using a soft powder brush, sweep over blush. tap excess powder from brush before applying. Brush over cheeks to define and contour or apply right below cheekbones for a more defined and dramatic look.


Packaging: The packaging is unbelievable. The product comes with a brush in the bottom compartment, a large mirror, AND a light up LED compact! As far as packaging is concerned, it doesn't get much better than this. 

Formula: Overall I quite impressed with the performance of the product. The product claims to wear 14 hours and though I haven't worn my makeup quite that long, I can attest to it holding up though at 10 hour work day. If you are deciding between getting a pH matchmaker blush or a Happy Booster Blush, I would definitely recommend the pH matchmaker as the wear time of the product is much better. Both the blush and bronzer are very pigmented. When I touch my makeup brush into the product, I find a lot of product/powder comes off so it is essential to tap the brush off prior to application or you are going to get too much product on your face. One thing to note is that there ar tiny silver circles around the edges which have a silver overspray. Personally, I do not care for the overspray and will soon wipe it off as I don't want chunkily silver glitter particles on my cheeks. As for the claim that this adjusts to each individual's skintone, I can't attest to this being true or not since I haven't tried it on another person yet. Personally, the colour swatched on my own skin is true to what you see in the pan.


Swatches


From left to right: Bronzer in "Bronzer", Blush in "Rose"


ph Matchmaker vs. Happy Booster in "Rose"
FOTD wearing both Bronzer and Blush


Retail Value: $12.95 (on the Physicians Formula website).