MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish/Highlighter in "Whisper of Gilt"



Hey Guys!
Here the next mini review on my second MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish/Highlighter I picked up: Whisper of Gilt. If you are curious to see a review, including swatches, of the now sold out Superb, click here


"Introducing a new liquid-powder formula with prismatic reflections that sculpts, highlights and models the face." - MAC Cosmetics

Whisper of Gilt is described as a light soft white with shimmery sheen. I find the product to be quite yellow, don't let the description fool you. The liquid-powder formula provides the perfect highlight finish, in my opinion, of any highlight product I have ever tried. I love the sheen that MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Honey Rose gives and I found Superb and Whisper of Gilt to give the same, dewy glow, but even more pigmented and long wearing. As I said in my previous review on Superb, I like the formula of Extra Dimension better than the regular Mineralize Skinfinishes because both Superb and Whisper of Gilt have excellent pigmentation, texture, and wear much longer than do MSFs. Whisper of Gilt does not accentuate pores unlike many MSFs. I like to use Whisper of Gilt along my cheek bone, sometimes blending it lightly over my blush/bronzer to give my cheeks the perfect dewy sheen. Superb is probably the most universally flattering shade, hence why it sold out so fast. Whisper of Gilt will work for most skin tones as well, but will be the most flattering on those with warm skin tones as opposed to cool. I am currently rocking a self-tan and have been reaching for this almost everyday as I find it compliments my tan NC35-40 skin tone quite nicely. 


Superb vs. Whisper of Gilt


From Left to Right: Superb, Whisper of Gilt
Comparison picture posted on my Twitter

Retail Value: $34 www.maccosmetics.com

Whisper of Gilt is still available on the Canadian MAC website.