Toronto IMATS 2012 Experience + Haul

Hey Guys!
This past weekend, Saturday, November 17th to be exact, I had the pleasure of attending Toronto IMATS as press. I ended up getting a press pass with my name and blog on it, which I thought was pretty cool, and was able to by-pass the long registration line in the morning and go to both days for free. Saturday started bright and early at 8:30 am and I strolled in around 8:45 am. I only ended up going the Saturday, but next year I think I will stay both days since I missed out on meeting a few of my lovely subscribers. 

Thank you to everyone who came up to say Hi! I had such an amazing time talking to you all and it made me feel so special to be recognized. The day was truly unforgettable. I also had the privilege to meet several of my fellow bloggers/vloggers who I have been following for quite some time and had such a great time finally talking to them in person. I ended up picking up products from MAC (obviously), Make Up For Ever, Eve Pearl and Graftobian. If you are interested in seeing specifically what I picked up, I filmed a haul video for my YouTube channel (linked below). 



For those of you who don't know what IMATS is, it is the International Makeup Artist Trade Show. There are booths from various different brands of makeup, many of which are selling their product at a discounted price! You can imagine how busy Saturday was with people stocking up on their favourite makeup brands at a discount. The craziest booth was Make Up For Ever because they had one of the best sales going on. With a little patience, I was able to snag all the products I wanted which were available at the show. I had a HUGE list for MAC, but they were only carrying PRO products only so that cut my list substantially.


Along with discounted makeup, there were also presentations from leading makeup artists in the industry. I ended up staying for the Make Up For Ever and MAC presentations. It was also interesting to watch the student competition take place. In the middle of the convention hall were a group of students and their models which they were working on to create some pretty amazing transformations. I ended up taking some photos right at the beginning and near the end to show you the progression. 

During competition

Finishing touches







My friend Jasmine and the finished makeup
Work in progress
Special FX makeup

Random picture of me from the day.

MakeupByNight and I showing off our press passes
Some fellow bloggers/vloggers
Sabbrinaxo and I! 
One of the million pictures from my impromptu photoshoot with Jenn from Spiced Beauty
Sorry Jenn, had to add one of our photo disasters. LOL
Gorgeous subbie!
Another gorgeous subbie!

Dinner and drinks after IMATS

To those who took pictures with me, I would love to see them! I know some of you tweeted them to me, but if you have a chance, please e-mail me at cherylsbeautyblog@hotmail.com .

I can't wait until next year!