UPDATE: 34 Weeks Pregnant!



Hey Guys!

I know it's been FOREVER since I've updated my blog. I'm a terrible blogger, but I've been really working hard at getting my YouTube Channel out there. If you don't follow me on YouTube, MakeupByCheryl, then you probably think I disappeared. I am still here! I never realized how much time YouTube would take up and it is considerably harder and more time consuming to film, edit, and upload a video as opposed to writing a simple blog post. I miss the days where I thought blog posts took up a great deal of time, because it comparison, they don't. Now that I feel that my YouTube is doing well, I figured I would take the time to update all my lovely followers on Blogger about how things have been going in my life! As you know, I've always been one to share things about my life, experiences, and have always worked that into reviews. I like to keep it professional and personal at the same time because I know my favourite people to follow are always open about their personal lives as well. 

Quite simply, my pregnancy has been AMAZING. I feel good 99% of the time and have really had nothing much to complain about. I had every intention of doing weekly updates, but it would all be the same. Minimal symptoms, good doctors appointments, and generally just feeling great. I know a lot of woman have a hard time with being pregnant, and pregnancy symptoms ARE REAL, but so far I've been feeling amazing these past months. 

I did go off work early, at around 26 weeks. For those of you who don't know I have a manual labour, building cars. I had to go on short term disability because my body physically couldn't do my job anymore and it wasn't safe for myself of the baby. In my pregnancy I developed Sciatica which a lot of pregnant woman face, but given my line of work, I just couldn't do my job and was taken off work. Luckily I have a good insurance plan and have been taking it easy for the past 1.5 months and will continue to do so up until my labour and delivery. In Canada we also get a year off PAID maternity leave, which I will be taking most of it, but sharing a couple months with my husband. I also have the option to have another year UNPAID after that year, but I will be returning to work and hopefully having another baby shortly after. Not too soon, but soon enough to put in my time and be eligible for leave again. LOL I've always wanted my kids to be close in age and I think ideally 1.5-2 years will be perfect. 

Other than my back, I really haven't had too many symptoms. 9/10 I feel like myself and then there is that 10% of the time I feel extremely pregnant. LOL I can tell that the last month and a half is going to be a bit more challenging as baby is growing much more rapidly and so is mommy! Here is my 34 week update:


How far along? 34 Weeks
Total weight gain: 24 lbs (since my last weigh in. I didn't gain any weight between 30-32 weeks). For reference I'm 5'7" in height.
Maternity clothes? I have been wearing maternity clothes for a while now. They are just much more comfortable and I don't want to ruin my old clothes. I can still wear my regular jeans with the button undone and a belly band, but it's just so much easier wearing maternity jeans, leggings or yoga pants. I'm enjoying the colder weather now because I can wear my regular loose fitted sweaters, cardigans and just have a few basic maternity t's and tanks and mix them around. I only have bought basics and it has worked really well with my regular wardrobe! 
Stretch marks? None...yet.Though I think I see one starting to appear above my lady parts and my lower belly. It may just be a vein though. I will keep you updated. Nothing on my hips, surprisingly because I had pre-existing ones from puberty. My pre-existing stretch marks have actual gotten BETTER because of the consistent use of Mama Mio Tummy Rub Oil and Bio Oil. I have grown gradually and have been religious in apply oils in the morning and at night so I think that is why I haven't gotten any yet. I hear that stretch marks tend to come in the last month, and they are a large part genetic, so I think I'm going to be screwed because my mom had them. HOWEVER, none yet so let's keep being positive! *fingers crossed*
Sleep: My husband works shift work so he either gets home at 5:00 am or wakes up at 5:00 am. Either way that usually wakes me up. Otherwise, my sleep has been really good. I get at least 8 hours a night and I don't feel the need to take a nap during the day. Falling asleep is slightly an issue though because my mind is racing thinking too much and baby takes a little while to calm down once I have gone to bed. If I switch positions baby will wake up, so I have to make sure I'm good and comfy or else baby will thinks its go time. LOL 
Best moment this week: Sunday was our first Baby Shower and it was Halloween Themed. I dressed up as a Mummy and Charles dressed up as a "Father". We had the most amazing time and baby was spoiled rotten. The best part of the shower, and one that I HAVE to share is having your guests bring their favourite book as a kid, instead of a card, and writing their sentiments in that. Cards are such a waste of paper, and books the baby can keep and use! Plus, you get a big collection to start your baby off and all the books remind you of each person. 

Miss anything? A casual glass of wine or a beer. I heard that a beer after delivery helps bring the milk in. I'm going to be ALL over that. LOL
Movement: Tons. My OB says movement is really important from here on out. 10 kicks in a 1-2 hour period. My baby kicks 10 times in a minute. I'm good in that department lol. Baby also has a pattern of being very active at 9:30 am and 9:30 pm...and whenever I decide to lay down...or eat...or walk LOL 
Food cravings: Nothing. I haven't had crazy "pregnancy cravings" that everyone talks about. I was eating a piece of Chia bread toasted with peanut butter for a couple weeks in a row...but that's nothing weird LOL
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing. My sense of smell was really predominant in the very early stages of pregnancy, then went away for the majority of my pregnancy and is now back the past couple of weeks in full force. Though I can smell EVERYTHING, nothing really makes me feel sick.
Gender: We still don't know! Team green! 
Labor signs: I have Braxton Hicks daily and have been having them since the end of my second trimester. My OB says this is normal. Last night I had what felt like menstrual cramps, but again, I believe that is just my pelvis softening in preparation for labour. BH is uncomfortable, but not painful. Definitely not what I was expecting. Pregnancy has been A LOT easier than I have ever imagined. Labour on the other hand, scares the crap out of me...
Symptoms: My breasts have started getting sore again. Nothing too crazy. I feel heavy. My back aches, but I've become immune to it. However, if I end up exerting myself one day cleaning, errands, walking...etc., then the next time I'm laying down all day. I have to be careful not to do so much. The hardest part for me has been to just relax and take it easy. I'm so use to just GO GO GO GO. Baby is extremely strong and kicks feel harder and harder, ALMOST painful at times, but I still think it's cute. LOL My favourite symptom this week has been shortness of breath. Now hear me out... I found this funny because I walked downstairs to get one of those "Fun Size" chocolate bars...okay, who am I kidding, I got 4 of them...walked back upstairs, sat on the couch and was out of breath eating it. LOL *hangs head in shame*
Belly button in or out? In. It's not coming out anytime soon.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy, Happy, Happy!
Looking forward to: A little more shopping for baby this weekend. We pretty much have everything we NEED, but there are a few "wants" that I've been meaning to pick up. My goal is to have absolutely EVERYTHING ready in 2-3 weeks.