REVIEW: Batiste Dry Shampoo




I have recently been trying a bunch of different brands of dry shampoo, so I was excited when a representative from Batiste contacted me to review a couple of their products. This brand is UK based, but is available in the US and Canada. I believe you can purchase this from Shoppers Drug Mart and Zellers (if you live in Canada).

I received two bottles of Batiste Dry Shampoo: "Original" and "Blush". There is no difference between the two cans, just the scent. I prefer the "Original" scent as I do not care for the floral scent of "Blush". "Blush" was a tad overpowering and the scent lingered in my hair. On the other hand, "Original" was not overpowering and just left my hair smelling clean.

The price is very reasonable. My Rockaholic Dry Shampoo cost over $20 and this is under $10. The full size cans are 5.05 fl. oz/150 ml and there are also smaller, travel sizes available.

So did the product live up to it's claim to "instantly leave hair feeling clean, full of body, and smelling beautiful": YES! I actual prefer Batiste to Rockaholic and Tresemme. I like to get away with not washing my hair every day as I like my hair to stay dark and not fade, and this has helped me skip everyday hair washes. What I loved most about the product is that it left my hair full of body and it was sooo soft! I usual love how I can style my hair after I shampoo and condition it in the shower, but the next day I wouldn't wash my hair and I would use this and I prefered how my hair looked! Additionally, it didn't give my hair a grey/white cast as some other dry shampoos tend to do with my hair. The residue which adheres to the hair brushes out after you have let it set a couple minutes and massaged the product in. The only downside to this is that it was only a quick fix for me. My hair started to look lifeless again after about 6 hours. 6 hours is still good so I can't complain! Have you tried Batiste? What were your experiences with this brand?