January 2011 Favourites

Hey Guys!

It seems like FOREVER since I've done a favourites post. Probably because I did a cummulative end of the year favourites for 2010, not a monthly favourites post. I've been buying and trying out a TON of products lately. Here are some of my favourite products I've been loving this past month:

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation #220: I'm really enjoying this foundation as a cheap alternative to my NARS Sheer Glow. I really like how this foundation melts into my skin and matches my skintone regardless of if I'm super tan, or more my natural colour. The only downside to this is that my face is overly shiny unless I use a powder with it. Normally I don't even need to powder because I have such dry skin, but with this I MUST powder. To see how this looks on my face, click here.

MAC Pro Longwear Foundation NC25: This is perfect for my work. I put this on at 5:00 am and my foundation looks just as good when I get home at 4:30 pm. I do find this foundation to be fairly hard to blend into my dry skin even when I moisturize. I have to use quite a bit of Fix+ to make this look natural.

Estee Lauder Night Repair Serum: I've used samples of this in the past, but have never purchased a whole bottle. In the couple weeks I've been using this at night I can see and feel a difference in the texture of my skin. My skin is less dry and is more smooth. I noticed a difference in my skin after just one night of use! This is what my skin has been asking for and I'm so glad I decided to pick up a full bottle (I got 2 GWP when I bought this, Time Zone Moisture Cream and Night Repair Eye and I will be buying a full size of each once I'm done with them!)

Moroccan Oil: I picked this up when I went to Toronto and I love how this smells and can be used on wet or dry hair. My hair is incredibly silky. shiny and healthy looking when I use this. It is a bit pricey, but worth every penny because all you need is just a drop and it will suffice for even the longest of hair (i.e., mine)

NARS "Mekong" Eyeshadow: I love all the NARS eyeshadows I picked up this month, but this has to be my favourite. I've never been able to find a brown eyeshadow that has been dark enough for my liking. This is VERY dark and rich and really brings out my green eyes. I've been using this in my crease and as an eyeliner and it looks beautiful. I will definitely repurchase if I ever run out!

NARS "Madly" Blush: This is my new favourite NARS blush. I have several blushes and this is perfect with my NC30 skintone. It gives me a hint of colour, but more importantly a healthy glow that looks very natural.

Benefit Bad Gal Mascara: I've very picky when it comes to mascaras and I usually hate more mascaras than I like. However, I'm in love with this sample sized Bad Gal lash because it makes my eyelashes VERY thick and it doesn't smudge or flake. I will be purchasing a full size of this once my sample runs out.

MAC "New Vegas" Mineralize Skinfinish: I've been wanting this MSF for quite sometime and finally got my hands on one. I was always worried about buying this since it came out in 07' and hasn't been re-released sinced so I figured I would just be paying an enormous amont of money for a fake. I'm happy to say that this is authentic and everything I hoped it would be. It is quite glittery and I couldn't see fairer skintones pulling this off as it is quite gold, but it gives me a really nice glow when I'm tan. I've been keeping up with my self-tanning a lot recently so I've been really into buying warm colours, golds, browns...etc., that suit my complexion.

Goody Spin Pin: I forgot to take a picture of these since they were in my hair at the time. I got these at Christmas in my stalking and they are such an amazing invention...I can't believe someone hasn't thought of these sooner?! All you need is to twist the two pins into your hair and it firmly secures your bun. I like putting my hair out of my way when I'm doing my makeup so I've been using these everyday in the morning to secure my hair. Also, this is a quick way to style my hair when I'm on the go and my hair is a crazy mess...just twist my hair in a bun and twist these two pins in and I'm ready in less than 10 seconds!