Forever21 Love & Beauty = ELF Cosmetics?


Hey Guys!

I was checking out the beauty products on Forever21 and noticed that a lot of their makeup items looked VERY familiar. Previously, I posted about an ELF Cosmetics Haul (click here to view) which I purchased most products at 50% off. In Canada, I've seen ELF Cosmetics at Dollarama and Winners, but have never seen the full line of products like they have on their website anywhere. Since Forever21 is more accessible to me than ELF, why wouldn't I just buy any "ELF" products I want, but in Forever21's brand, "Love & Beauty" instead if they happen to be the same?! I ended up seeing what looked like ELF's makeup cleansing cloths on the Forever21 website, so I ended up picking them up to compare to my ELF brand, which I really like. The packaging is exactly the same, and wouldn't you know it, the ingredients are EXACTLY the same. The only thing I don't understand is that if they both have exactly the same ingredients, then why does the ELF brand have a 12 month expiration date and the Love & Beauty have a 3 month expiration date? I willing to bet that the other products that I picked up are exactly the same as the ELF products which I don't own.




Love & Beauty Ingredient List



ELF Ingredient List

Love & Beauty Ultimate Shiny Lip Gloss in Pink

Love & Beauty Eye Brow Kit $4.80 CAD


vs.




So far I really like everything I got and it was really affordable! The Ultimate Shiny Lip Gloss formula is very sheer and doesn't have much too it, but I think it would be really nice over top of a pink lipstick for added shine. I love the Minty Gloss, it feels very refreshing, but the applicator barely gets any product out. The brow products have been great so far and I have yet to try out the lashes.

If you have ever been interested in ELF Cosmetics, but didn't want to place an order online, definitely check out some of the Love & Beauty line and see if they carry the products you are looking for. I know they have the ELF blushes and eyeshadow palettes as well.