REVIEW: Maybelline One By One Volum' Express Mascara


Me on V-day!

Maybelline One By One Mascara in "Very Black"


"Exclusive lash catcher brush catches, coats and de-clumps every single lash for our most refined volume from root-to-tip" - Maybelline



Typically I hate every mascara I first try. The first time I tried this mascara I didn't like it because I made a lot of mess using it (i.e., mascara went all over my lid and I had to touch up my eyeshadow). However, the brush takes a little bit of time to get use to as it is rather flimsy/flexible. Once I got use to the flexibility of the wand, I absolutely loved the applicator brush! The "lash catcher" brush does just that, it seperates lashes very well and does not clump them together even with multiple coats of mascara. DO NOT wait between coats of mascara. Work on one eye before you move to the next and don't let the formula dry.

I love how this mascara gives me all three things I'm looking for in this mascara: length, volume, and seperation! The formula is shiny, like the "patent leather" look of Lash Stiletto. It also doesn't flake or smudge throughout the day and holds curl very well! This mascara definitely hit a home run for me. Still, I'm not sure if it beats out my love for Cover Girl Lash Blast yet, but I will continue to use it and let you all know!

UPDATE: Picked up a new tube of Cover Girl Lash Blast and it is still my HG mascara. This is still a nice mascara, but CG Lash Blast is still my number one!

2 coats of mascara...1 coat didn't look as clumpy, but I like my mascara on the thicker side

Have you tried Maybelline One By One Mascara?