REVIEW: Scott Barnes for Motives "The Present"


Hey Guys!
I'm so behind in reviews it's unbelievable. I like posting FOTDs the most because it easiest for me to snap a couple pictures before getting on with my day. Anyways, I have accumulated a TON of new products that I can't wait to share with you guys! One of those products is "The Present" by Scott Barnes in "Golden Goddess" which I ordered off of www.motivescosmetics.com. There are two "Presents". The one I got is more neutral compared to the other stack which is more dramatic, called "Smokey Nights".

Pictured: Golden Goddess

About Scott Barnes and "The Present"

"Scott Barnes is a celebrated celebrity makeup artist and is the master behind such iconic faces such as Jennifer Lopez, Celine Dion, Hllary Duff and many more. Scott is teaming up with Loren and Motives® Cosmetics to bring you new and exclusive beauty care products that will be one-of-a-kind must haves.

Introducing The Present for Motives®. A perfect combination of 4 eye shadows, 4 lip gloss, 4 concealer, 2 blush, and 1 translucent pressed powder all in one perfect posh package. Available in two sets of shade palettes, Golden Goddess and Smokey Nights. The perfect gift for anyone, especially you!"

Packaging: I think the packaging deserves an A+. It is stackable and perfect for travel. The top square has a mirror and then you have 5 more squares containing 4 concealers, 4 lipsticks, 4 eyeshadows, 1 blush and bronzer, and 1 translucent powder.

Eyeshadows

Eyeshadows from left to right: light fleshtone beige , rusty copper brown, bronze, pale green

Lipsticks from left to right, top to bottom: beige nude, peachy pink, pink, caramel w/ shimmer (reminds me a lot of Maybelline's Caramel Kiss).

Concealers

Blush and Bronzer


Translucent Powder

Quality: I was really impressed with the quality of all of the sections. The eyeshadows, blush and bronzer are pigmented and have great blendability (they are VERY easy to work with and doesn't take much effort at all to blend all the colours). I would prefer a different shade than the green that came with the eyeshadows, but that is just a personal preference. My favourite shade of eyeshadow is the pale beige shadow which goes on matte and is THE PERFECT all over lid/brow highlight colour. I've been using that particular eyeshadow daily! The lipsticks are very thick and creamy and stay on the lips for a long time. The concealers remind me of MAC Studio Finish Concealer, but are a tad more slippery, offer a little less coverage, but blend a lot easier. It would have been even better if they offered a green corrector! The blush gives me a touch of pink and gives the perfect glow (there is very light shimmer). The bronzer is a tad orange for my liking, but nonetheless works perfectly with a light hand. Last, but not least, is the translucent powder. I think my favourite thing in this whole set is this translucent powder! Unlike my Ben Nye Neutral Set, this powder is pressed. The powder does not lighten my skin and sets my foundation perfectly. I find my skin looks more even when I use this and very natural! This is another item I've been using EVERY day! I have several FOTDs which I will be posting in the coming weeks where I've been using various sections of this product!

Value: For $39.95 you can't go wrong. You get so much product in each section and the quality is AMAZING! I'm so glad I picked this up since it has become a staple in my everyday makeup application!

Also, Scott Barnes does not test products on animals :)


Disclaimer: I paid for this with my own money, I am no way affiliated with Motives Cosmetics. As always, these are my honest opinions.