L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Foundation in W6 Sun Beige + FOTD


Hey Guys!
I've been wanting to try a new drugstore foundation for a while now and decided, after reading several positive reviews, to pick up L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Foundation. I ended up choosing the shade W6 Sun Beige. I probably should have picked up a lighter shade as I haven't been self tanning as much lately, but ended up getting W6 - Sun Beige anyways for the days when I have been self tanning. What I liked about this foundation is that I had no idea what colour I was, but saw that the shades were broken down into three categories: Cool, Neutral, and Warm. I love when companies create a range for different undertones because it makes it much easier, as a consumer, to pick out a shade in your undertone range, rather than picking through all available shades with different undertones. I have warm undertones so I knew that my colour selection was limited to the "Warm" shades.

W6 Sun Beige

About the Product

"True Match Super-Blendable Makeup precisely matches your skin's tone and texture and coordinates perfectly with True Match Powder, Blush and Concealer. Formulated with Precise Match Technology so you can control coverage and fine-tune it. Ultra-pure formula contains no oils, fragrances, or pore-clogging fillers, so all you see is beautiful, radiant, flawless skin." 
"Formulated with Precise Match Technology to precisely calibrate colour. Micro-fine optical pearls diffuse skin's imperfections while moisturizing Glycerin, Vitamin B, and Vitamin E nourish your skin."
Non-Comedogenic
Non-Acnegenic
Dermatologist Tested
Oil-Free

Finish: Natural
SPF: 17
Coverage: Light to medium
Skin Type: For all Skin Types


Available in 18 skin-true shades


Initially I imagined the consistency to be a little thicker than what it was. The foundation is quite thin. The term "Super-Blendable" is very appropriate for this foundation, as the formula just melts into the skin and looks very natural. I would definitely say that this has light coverage, but can be built to a medium coverage without looking the slightest bit cakey. I love how natural and healthy my skin looks after using this. The lasting power is quite good as well and does not come off patchy (the problem I had with Neutrogena Healthy Skin). For reference, I have normal to dry skin. For those with oily skin, I would suggest setting this with a powder as it can be quite dewy. Overall, I am very impressed with this foundation and think its a great alternative to my high end brands (i.e., NARS Sheer Glow and Make Up For Ever HD). I plan on picking up a lighter shade in addition to W6 for mixing and to be able to wear this when I'm not quite so tan. 

I tried using all Drugstore products for this look. The only thing that isn't drugstore is my Make Up For Ever Waterproof Brow Corrector, but I couldn't live without this stuff! LOL I was just chilling in my pjs watching the super bowl. This is usually one of my go-to looks I do for warmer months, especially the summer, but I felt like rocking bright lips and gold lids for a change. 

Super Bowl Sunday was spent like this ^ 


FACE:
Garnier BB Cream in "Medium-Dark"
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in "Neutralizer"
L'Oreal True Match Foundation in "W6 - Sun Beige"
ELF Concealer (to contour)
Maybelline Bouncy Blush in #10 "Pink Frosting"
Physicians Formula Shimmer Strip in "Vegas Strip"

BROWS:
Make Up For Ever Waterproof Brow Corrector #3




EYES:
Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow in "Bold Gold"
Physician Formula Shimmer Strip in "Vegas Strip" 
(lightest colour lightly over lid, darkest colour in crease and outer corner)
L'Oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Liner in Carbon Black
L'Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Eye Pencil
Annabelle Black Eyeshadow (to set pencil liner)
Cover Girl Lash Perfection Mascara in "Very Black"

LIPS:
NYX Louisiana l/s
NYX Doll Pink l/g