MAC Shop/Cook Collection Haul + Swatches

Hey Guys!
Finally, a MAC Collection that meets my expectations. I was bummed after I missed out on the Iris Apfel lipsticks so I was really excited to see that MAC was releasing some more bright, beautifully pigmented shades for the Spring 2012 Shop/Cook Collection! I was also happy to see that MAC brought back the Tendertones as I have only ever owned one, which a friend bought for me at a CCO. I passed on everything else in the collation, though when I looked at it in person, everything seemed really nice. You really can't go wrong with any of the shades if you choose to pick any of these up. I ended up ordering what I knew I wanted FOR SURE online over the weekend because I knew that these would sell out fast. In fact, when I went into my local MAC counter yesterday to check the collection out in person, most of the lipsticks were sold out in a few hours. Online I ordered Dish It Up, Quick Sizzle, Watch Me Simmer, and Runaway Red. I wasn't sure about Naughty Saute when I saw swatches of it online, but as soon as I swatched it in person in the store, I knew I HAD to have it. Naughty Saute may in fact be my favourite lipstick from this collection so I am really glad I ended up going to check it out. At my local counter, I also picked up two tendertones: Hush Hush and Purring. I love the smell and consistency of tendertones. I can't wait to use these up! Tendertones have an SPF of 12 and smell like strawberry-kiwi fruity goodness.

Many of you have requested I post swatches so here they are! If you can get your hands on any of the colours, definitely pick them up. These are some of the best lipsticks, in my opinion, MAC has released in quite some time (though I was never able to get my hands on the Iris Apfel). I already own Innocence, Beware! from the MAC Venomous Villains Collection so I decided to include a swatch of that as well. 


MAC Shop Lipsticks

From left to right: Dish it Up, Quick Sizzle, Runaway Red, Watch Me Simmer



Dish It Up: berry pink with a lustre finish. You can apply it sheer or build it up quite nicely. This doesn't dry out the lips. I don't have any berry colours in my collection so I had nothing to compare this to.


Quick Sizzle: Bright pink with a matte finish. This is super pigmented. I find mattes tend to be a bit drying on the lips but this is in fact quite creamy and extremely smooth in application. I don't have a bright pink to compare this too, but my friend owns NARS Schiap and it looks quite similar if you are looking for a dupe.


Runaway Red: this is a repromote shade. Runaway Red is a rich blue based red with a satin finish. It looks very juicy on the lips. I only own matte reds for comparison, but it is very very beautiful.


Watch  Me Simmer: bright pink-orange coral with an amplified finish. I find this to be a bit drying, but I apply a little lip balm before to counter act this. Swatches don't do this colour justice. 


Naughty Saute: is a vibrant blue-based medium pink with a cremesheen finish that looks like Pepto Bismal in lipstick form. I tend to steer clear of blue-based pink shades as they don't tend to flatter my skin tone, but for some reason, this being a darker blue-based pink, it actual looks quite nice and is one of my favourite, if not my favourite lipstick from this collection. It has a subtle shimmer to it and if you whip of the lipstick, the shimmer remains stuck to your lips. This is my only complaint. The finish is super creamy and non-drying.


Innocence, Beware!: is a light yellow pink with a creme sheen finish. I didn't take a picture of this as the packaging is from the MAC Venomous Villains Collection. This is already sold out online, but if you are looking for something similar, MAC Hue lipstick is your best bet.


MAC Cook Tendertones


Hush, Hush: sheer gold with yellow gold pearl.

Purring: sheer tangerine orange.



Are you planning on getting anything from the MAC Shop/Cook Collection?