Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder with Real Cocoa "Original Chocolate"



Hey Guys!
I've been trying out several new bronzers lately as I broke my HG NARS Laguna and was looking for something new. One of my favourites is the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder. I have a couple other matte bronzers: NYC Sunny and Dior Matte Bronzer #003. NYC Sunny  is very affordable, but irritates my skin due to the concentration of Mica and doesn't apply to my skin as well as the Too Faced bronzer. Dior Matte Bronzer in #003 is a beautiful matte bronzer, but is sometimes a bit too light for my skin and isn't as pigmented as I would like.


"Bronzing has never been so delicious! Whether fair or dark, blonde or brunette, our lightweight matte bronzers work to create an authentic-looking rich tan year round. Infused with real cocoa powder, our skin soothing formulae banishes redness and evens out skin tone naturally while improving skin's texture and clarity." - Too Faced

About the Product

What It Is:
"We've combined the natural detoxifying effects of real cocoa powder with our signature Too Faced bronzing pigments to create matte bronzers perfectly suited for pale to deep skin tones for a touch of summer all year-long."
More to Love:
  • Matte Formula: Choose between the original Chocolate Soleil (deep matte bronze) and Milk Chocolate Soleil (light matte bronze) to achieve a perfect sun-kissed, shine-free warm glow.
  • Chocolate Scented: This tan-in-a-compact excites the senses with our signature, natural chocolate scent.
  • Real Cocoa Powder: The neutral cocoa shade tones down red and evens skin tones, naturally.

Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zince Stearate, Boron Nitride, Sodium Saccharin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Benzyl Benzoate, Parfum/Fragrance, Theobromo Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Benzyl Alcohol. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).


Too Faced Chocolate Soleil in "Original Chocolate" is the perfect matte bronzer for deep skin tones (i.e., a nice tan in the summer, or the fake tan which I sport half the time) and is highly pigmented. The colour is a beautiful brown, with zero orange. Since this is a matte bronzer, it is also great to use as a contour. Though the Original Chocolate is said to be used for deep skin tones, whereas the Milk Chocolate is said to be used for fairer skin tones, I have been using this when I am NC25 with great success, but I have to be very careful not to overdue it since it is highly pigmented and a little goes a very long way. This is my favourite matte bronzer to date for all the reasons listed prior, as well as it is long wearing and applies evenly. The product initially seemed a little gimmicky to me because it is made with real cocoa and smells like chocolate. I thought to myself, "Anything that smells this good can't work as well as it smells". The product itself lives up to the hype which I've heard on YouTube AND smells delicious to boot. The scent actually lingers on my skin slightly after applying it, but slowly fades away. On MakeupAlley, this is rated a 4.5/5 with a 91% buy back rate based on 162 reviews. This is quite a good rating as far as MakeupAlley is concerned. I would definitely repurchase this bronzer after I have finished this, though I don't see that happening anytime soon as I only need to use very little product per application. If you have been following my FOTD's, I did use this for my Nicki Minaj/St. Patrick's Day look. Here is close up of me using this as a contour on NC25 skin:


Retail Price: $29 US at Sephora.com

What are some of your favourite bronzers?