Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion vs. Zero



Hey Guys!
As you know, my Holy Grail eye pencil is the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in "Zero". This statement held true until Urban Decay came out with an even darker black called "Perversion". Why would I want the "blackish" black when I can have the"blackest" black?! This holds true to mascara as well. Mascara typically comes in "Black" and "Blackest Black" or some "Super-Dark-Ultra-Black" variety. I don't understand this. Why have two black mascaras?! Who would buy the black mascara that isn't as black as it's sister mascara? All I think in my head is "Ya, I want the black mascara that isn't as good as the other". Seriously?! Come on. True, "Zero" is a lighter black and could create a softer effect, but why need two black eye pencils from the same company? I don't want to worry about going into a store, picking up a new eye pencil and making sure it's the "Blackest-of-all-Blacks" and not the "I'm-Actually-The-Crappier Black" before I buy it. I already have to deal with this situation with mascara, please don't confuse me with eye liner as well. Companies, if you are reading this, simply make one black that is well, BLACK, throw out the other imitators and lets call it a day. I'm sure many of you reading this feel the same way.

Enough of my rant, onto the product information and review.

About the Product

"Creamy, forever-lasting, award-winning and waterproof, 24/7 pencils delight you with lush tropical hues, deep metallics, and unusually vibrant neutrals." - UrbanDecay.com
"The best Eye Pencil ever, ever, ever! Never before has a pencil this creamy and brilliant been waterproof, too. Velvety-soft, this never-before-seen formula stays soft and creamy for blending (about 30 seconds), then dries down to a long-lasting finish that WILL NOT budge. Line eyes with a hint of colour or go for the full artistic, multi-hued effect with the wide selection of lush tropical hues, deep metallics and unusually vibrant neutrals. Incredible with Urban Decay Eyeshadows!"

Created with 50% moisturizing ingredients suspended in a sophisticated waterproof formula, 24/7 Eye Pencils offer long-lasting colour and a dreamy, creamy feel when applied. With Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E and Cottonseed Oil.

Tips: 24/7 Pencils are ideal for lining inner lids because the waterproof formula stays put. Just apply, try not to blink for a sec, and you've got immovable liner.

Retail: $19 1.2g e 0.04 US oz.


Perversion Ingredients: Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcoholis, Perflurononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4, Dilisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethlene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol 
Zero Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, C11-12 Isoparaffin, Paraffin, Polybutene, Buxus Chinesis, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Ceresin, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol 
All Shades May Contain: CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77400 (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77266 (Black 2)

Review: My review is pretty simple. This is my favourite black eye pencil, EVER. Perversion is even darker than Zero and still has the same outstanding formula. The formula is long-wearing, creamy, blendable (up to 30 seconds), budge proof and water resistant. I have cried wearing this (used it on the day of my wedding) and it held up all day and night. The only downside about Zero was that it wasn't nearly as dark as some of my other black eye liners. Perversion is everything I wanted Zero to be. I have also tried other Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils and loved them all. They have a huge range of colours and finishes so you are bound to find something you like.