MAC Pro Sculpting Cream in Pure Sculpture Review + Swatches

Hey Guys!
I haven't heard many people talk about the new Pro Sculpting Creams that MAC recently released in the Face & Body Collection. I was casually browsing though the MAC website and noticed this new product. I've heard, but never used, the Pro Sculpting Powders, so I was really excited to see cream versions of the same idea since I don't own anything like it. One thing I have to mention is that the colour selection is terrible. If you happen to find a colour that will work for you, you probably will love this product. However, I find that the undertones for these are off as well as the shade range. There are extremely light shades, pure sculpture falls in the middle, and then extremely dark shades. I ended up purchasing Pure Sculpture because the other shades were too light or too dark, despite wanting a different undertone. Pure Sculpture is described as a neutral pink beige, but I find it to learn more to the warm side than being neutral. I wish they would have turned the Pro Sculpting Powder shades into creams and kept the names, colours, and undertones consistent with those products instead of coming up with completely different versions in cream form. Even with all this said, I am completely in LOVE with this product and the colour seems to work well, despite my hesitation, with my NC30-40 skin tone. 



"A cream-to-powder formula, for sculpting and shaping key features. Silky-smooth, easy-to-blend and neutrally-shaded. Apply where extra dimension is needed, eyelids included. Provides moist, skin-soothing, natural-looking, sheer-to-medium buildable coverage." - www.maccosmetics.com


Regular swatch vs. blended out swatch
Formula: The formula is perfect. It isn't too thick or too thin. It is creamy and effortless to blend. The colour is buildable and provides my skin tone (NC30-40) with an extremely natural defined contour. Typically I find cream products harder to work with than powders, but this product is an exception. I would actually recommend this cream product to beginners as opposed to a powder because it is so easy to blend into the skin and given the right colour choice, you can achieve an extremely natural, yet defined contour. MAC states this product is a "cream-to-powder" but I don't find it to dry powdery in the slightest. For those with normal/dry skin, you would benefit the most from this product because it dries natural with a slight sheen. If you are into satin/dewy skin, this product will work with your foundation to achieve that. In terms of wear time, this product holds up all day without any signs of fading.

At first glance, I thought Pure Sculpture looked similar in colour to my Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universsel, but when swatched side-by-side, Chanel was noticeably more tan/brown based whereas the pink in Pure Sculpture became more apparent. 

Application: My favourite brush to apply this product with is the Sigma F84 Angled Top Kabuki. I like this brush because it works great with cream products and the angle is perfect for sculpting the face. It was a no-brainer picking this brush for this product because I previously used it with my Chanel Bronze Universel with great results.

Packaging: The packaging is standard for MAC. Like cream colour bases, cream blushes, regular blushes...etc., the product is housed in a black compact with see-through lid. The pan is removable and can be depotted if desired.

6 Shades Available: Accentuate, Naturally Defined, Pure Sculpture, Coffee Walnut, Copper Beach, Richly Honed

Retail Value: $24.00 CAD for 5 g / 0.17 US oz


FACE:
Tarte Primer
NARS Sheer Glow in Stromboli
MAC Pro Sculpting Cream in Pure Sculpture
MAC Pink Cult Blush
Hard Candy Glamoflage Concealer in Medium
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW25

BROWS:
MAC Espresso e/s


EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay Sin e/s
Urban Decay Naked e/s
Urban Decay Buck e/s
Urban Decay Virgin e/s
MAC Feline Eye Kohl
DiorShow Lash Maximizer
Benefit They're Real Mascara
Maybelline The Falsies Flared Mascara

LIPS:
MAC Pure Zen l/s



I will be featuring a How to: Contour, Blush, and Highlight video on my YouTube channel featuring this product. If you are interested in seeing my tutorial, be sure to subscribe as it will be one of my next, if not my next, videos I post!

Are you interested in trying the Pro Sculpting Creams?