LUSH 9 to 5 Facial Cleansing Lotion Review

Creamy dove orchid cleanser.
I started using LUSH skincare as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I wanted products that were as natural and organic as possible, thus being safe for baby. There are lots of ingredients in skincare products you should avoid when pregnant, Retinol being one of them, and I wanted to be sure my skin care routine was free from any harsh ingredients. Since I have been using this cleanser for the duration of my pregnancy, I can now confidently review this product after 37 weeks of use. First and foremost, I want to say that I will continue to use this product even after pregnancy! That is how much I have been enjoying my pregnant skincare regime. For reference, I have normal/dry, sensitive skin.
"Like Dolly says, 9 to 5 is quite the way to make a living. It can take its toll on the skin and leave you looking worn out. Our inventors created this one a long time ago and named it 'Orchid Oil Cleanser.' Our costumers had been crying out for a liquid cleanser, so we decided to bring (the newly renamed) 9 to 5 to the LUSH shelves. This gentle cleanser is made with almond oil, dove orchids and everlasting flower absolute to remove your leftover make up, dirt and grime at the end of a long work day." - www.lush.ca
Features:
  • Safe for sensitive skin: Treat your face to 9 to 5 after a long, hard work day.
  • Wash the day away: 9 to 5 is fantastic for taking off stubborn make up and leaves you with a fresh feeling after use.
  • Soft and gentle: The dove orchid is used in 9 to 5 to calm and soothe irritated skin.

How to Use: Take a quarter-sized amount and apply to the entire face, including the eye area, with gentle, upward, circular motions. Remove with a warm, damp face cloth or cotton pad. Follow with a balancing facial toner such as Eau Roma Water.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Stearic Acid, Fresh Dove Orchid Extract (Dendrobium), Everlasting Flower Absolute (Helichrysum stoechas), Ylang Ylang Absolute (Cananga Odorata), Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Review: When it comes to cleansing the skin, I think simple is best: simple cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. If you have any problems with your skin, I suggest using a serum to target your trouble areas. This cleanser has very few ingredients, but gets the job done. It is fantastic at removing makeup and cleansing the face. As you know, I like to wear a full face of makeup quite often and this cleanser is great at removing all unwanted residue at the end of the day. It is very effective at removing, not only face makeup, but eye makeup as well. I like to apply this with my fingers in circular motions to my entire face and then go in with my Clarisonic Plus and work the product over my face with a delicate brush head. My skin is left feeling supple, not tight or uncomfortable in the slightest. The scent is pleasant and not overly powerful, like some Lush products. I highly recommend this cleanser. If you haven't tried Lush skincare before, this is a great place to start. I like to follow 9 to 5 with Lush Eau Roma Water, as my toner and Josie Maran Argan Oil Light, as my moisturizer. If I have any blemishes, Lush Grease Lightening is THE BEST targeted spot treatment I have ever used. I plan on doing full reviews on each of these skincare products in the near future. My skin has never looked so good with this regime and I think it's because I'm sticking to the basics. With sensitive skin, you really don't want to overdue it on products. 

Retail: $10.95-$21.95 (95g-240g) www.lush.ca


Certified Vegan: This product does not contain animal products of any kind.